Tuesday 6 May 2014

HIDDEN AGENDAS

What Government wants you to believe is their propaganda.

Once you ask for the type and quality of service they expound to provide, well now, that is a whole other kettle of fish. The part they don't tell you is that if your request will cost them money, that is not in their mandate.

They are there to advertise a service to be provided as long as there is no cost to the Government. If there is the potential of a cost then the fallback government position is; to stall the action.

I have two examples. The first deals with VAC. I made a claim for benefits. They were unable to locate any recent documents regarding being deployed unfit to fly or about a Harassment complaint against a Base Commander. They did find, with no problem, the only medical document that might possibly affect my claim and it was from 1982. They were unable to find any documents from 1983 to 2007, supporting my claim. Strange.

The second example is more current. It is a case filed against the Department of National Defense for not complying with their own signed "Terms of Settlement" from 1999. This document, unlike that of the 1982 medical file, was not found. The letter from the Chief of Defense Staff to me directly sending me to Alternate Dispute Resolution in 1999, was not found. The entire Harassment file generated from 1997 to 1999, was not found. The hospital records from my deployment including those indicating I was unfit to pilot an aircraft, were not found. All communications regarding the high level decisions of Senior Officers regarding my Harassment Complaint and my status of unfit to deploy, were not found. My subsequent orders to fly regardless of my medical conditions, were not found. This is even more strange.

So to re-cap: The Department of National Defense and Veterans Affairs, were in sum total, able to find one small medical entry in all of my files to disprove my VAC claim. They were totally unable after extensive and exhaustive searches, to find any documents supporting my case of Harassment nor my being Ordered to fly when diagnosed as unfit to fly or deploy.

Very convenient for the Government because I am certain they were anxious to help me. Because my requested documents were never found, they could not help me. They even thanked me for my service to this Country as they denied me benefits. 
NOW THE REAL STORY!

1. The Harassment Complaint I filed against the Base Commander of 8 Wing Trenton was filed in March of 1997.

2. The complaint was filed in accordance with the Orders of the day, Canadian Forces Administrative Orders (CFAO) 19-39 on handling Harassment complaints.

3. In contravention to Orders as written, the Accused Base Commander of 8 Wing made himself the Judge. (in direct contravention of Orders) The Base Administrative Officer (Base expert in the proper handling of CFAO's 19-39) was appointed and took over full control of the investigation into her immediate supervisors actions as they pertain to CFAO 19-39. All these actions by the Base Administrative Officer and Base Commander were in direct violation of Orders written in CFAO 19-39.

4. Not satisfied with these violations of Orders and unable to charge a Senior Ranking Officer, I again followed Orders dictated in CFAO 19-39 and filed a complaint into the handling of this case and the blatant violations of Orders that were occurring.

5. All Senior Officers of higher rank found nothing wrong with an accused Senior Officer (Base Commander) adjudicating a case against himself and having the Base expert, do the investigation. All in violation of Orders as written. No charges were ever laid for violating Orders. 

6. The final desk my complaint landed on was that of the CDS. It only got there because a very brave Senior Non-Commissioned Officer could no longer be aware of these blatant violations of Orders and in compliance with the OPEN LETTER written by the CDS requesting his personal notification of Order Violations by Senior Officers, personally delivered to the CDS, my Harassment file.

7. I was Ordered to Alternate Dispute Resolution by personal letter from the CDS, himself. A "Terms of Settlement" was drawn up and signed by all parties. It had certain stipulations that applied to me and they were: I was unable to speak of the case to anyone except for administrative reasons and that I could have access to this file, (with no file number, held at a secret location only known by DND) for pension reasons. At the time, I was not pensionable till 2007 (8 years later).

8. This Harassment file has been lost or destroyed in contravention to the signed "Terms." The Privacy Commissioner deemed it was okay for DND to destroy these documents with special "Terms" and conditions of handling. In her ruling I was told that if I was unhappy with her decision I could take my case to Federal Court.

9. I filed my case at Federal Court against the Queen since she is the highest rank of those named in the document.

10. To date, I am diagnosed as mentally disabled. 4 of these directly attributable to the Harassment, PTSD, Anxiety, Major Depression and Alcohol Abuse subsequent. 

11. Being mentally disabled I asked the Federal Court for "Accommodation" (a lawyer). I was denied. I had to go to the Federal Human Rights Commission for this action. I initially filed the Federal Department of Justice as the Federal Department denying me accommodation.

12. After 1 month HRC indicated the the Federal Justice Department is not Federal under their jurisdiction and they suggested DND since they are at the root of my case.

13. 1 year later now, HRC has not answered the two questions I require for action. They are: Am I Disabled? Do I qualify for accommodation? Neither has been answered. Why you ask? I don't know. I asked them a year ago and so far they have done an investigation but never asked me to give testimony. They have now given me a deadline to answer or respond to their investigation and conclusion which by the way includes DND agreeing with the investigation that never included me.  DND did not answer the investigator because their position is, I was never employed by the Department of National Defense only, the Canadian Forces.

14. I just received a letter today from HRC (after business hours) indicating I had 48 hours to respond. If I did not respond within the 48 hours, they have threatened to leave my documented evidence out of the submission for the Board to decide upon. They also indicated that my personal Registered letter sent to the A/Commissioner, had not and would not be read by him. Threatening a disabled Veteran, how low can you go?

14. How unbiased do you perceive this to be?

15. How unbiased can a Department be, investigating themselves? Not good according to the military and their past record with me. I believe Ms. Fynes had a few questions herself. I believe Mr. Drapeau did too.

16. The truth is the truth and must come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment